Saturday, May 07, 2005

If I had money...

Another post about instigating change. Thanks to sweet p (who should run for office someday, as she's the most politically knowledgable person I know who isn't retired and doesn't get paid to do it) for bringing this up with my morning e-coffee last week. I finally got around to listening to the show on The Connection yesterday. (by the way, The Connection is a great program. For those of you who aren't familiar with it and who have connections faster than dial-up, browse through the archives and I'm sure you'll get buried in all the good stuff there.) What a great way to (apparently) activate large-scale corporate change. Reading the prospectus of Domini Funds is pretty interesting, too (and it helps you get beyond the touchy-feely graphics of the site). Yes, Mom, I think I'm turning crunchy (xoxo!).

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM EDT, Blogger sweet p. said...

ooph - you are too kind.

i think my ridiculous condition [as i wouldve never in my randomest nightmare think i would be a USAF military wife living in Texas in the deep belly of 'bush country' and what the locals proudly refer to as 'the buckle of the bible belt'] has made me understand that nothing is more valuable than self-education and that ignorance and being unable to relate [i despise the word 'tolerance'] kills.

someone told me once 'amigo no es el que te hace reir con mentiras, sino el que te hace llorar con verdades' [a friend is not the one who makes you laugh with lies but the one that makes you cry with the truth] - so in my crafty caribbean ways i decided that i too had a choice, that it wasnt all up to the politicians and economists to figure out and that i couldnt take a passive stand on the world i was inhabiting - so i came to the conclusion that the choice was the either be enslaved with the realities of the world [having an opinion is hard work] or wonder around ignorant of anything i couldnt see. and you know - to my surprise, it suits my military husband just fine. [my mother, on the other hand, i think it might just kill her.]

*wink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home