Thursday, June 23, 2005

Rome / Detroit (Part II)

This afternoon, Jen and I drove down to the site of Sunday's five-alarm fire. It was incredible - huge. I wish I had access to the adjacent warehouses so I could look down on the site; streetside, the piles of debris alone were at least 10' tall. The smell was as potent as the scene: a combination of stale campfire and rotting vegetation. I could still smell it on myself an hour after I returned to the office. Here are a handful of pictures.

















2 Comments:

At 9:55 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I hate fires even more than floods is the smell. Actually urban flood smell is almost, almost as bad.

TOnight is prom night at OHS. No rain...

DSM

 
At 5:59 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photo 4 and photo 8 look like a sculpture - what God can do with fire!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home