Tuesday, July 05, 2005

You know, when I first heard about Make magazine, I wanted to hate it because I thought it was a better-publicized version of Readymade. But it's not, and I love it. It's published by O'Reilly - whose books I see on the bookshelf of every computer geek I know (including, recently, my own bookshelf) - and it's all about how to repurpose technologies and hack-your-own-version of a bunch of useful stuff. I just subscribed to Make's podcast, since it's less commitment than a regular subscription, and therefore just learned how to hack the firmware of an $11 disposable digital camera (whose pictures the retailer is supposed to extract and save for you - for a fee) so you can download the pictures yourself. Next up on my podcast playlist: all about biodiesel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home