Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Okay, sweet p. is right. I've been away and offline quite a bit. Now that I'm the only person who spends 8+ hours a day in the office, my responsibilities have increased somewhat, and there seems to be less and less down time at home. To make up for that a bit, here are some photos of our weekend in Detroit.

Although I'm here in the city every day, I don't often get a chance to explore and act like a resident. A handful of other shots are on my flickr site. One of the things both Ben and I agreed on was that so many of downtown's public amenities (Hart Plaza, the RenCen, Campus Martius) would be incredible places if they were located in a vibrant, pedestrian-oriented city -- a New York or a London. We were practically the only people out on the street on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Not surprisingly, Detroit is such an auto-centric community (bus services barely exist, no commuter trains run) that most parks and plazas are forgotten beside the multi-lane roads.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home